We are living in the age of the internet where we browse hundreds of things online daily. Several browsers can do this job but Google Chrome is quite popular in this field so, we are going to talk about how to delete bookmarks in chrome. The list of browsers that help us to access the internet is quite long but chrome stands apart from all them. It is simply because the interface of Google Chrome is very simple and convenient.
There are several other benefits of bookmarking a website or a webpage. When you bookmark a page, you save a lot of time and effort as you don’t have to write that long and tedious URL for accessing the same website again. In some cases, people bookmark a website accidentally while in other cases, people do it intentionally. In both cases, if the list of your bookmarks is getting long enough, you can easily delete all those bookmarks at once or only the unimportant ones by selection.
While browsing the internet, we get to know about several things that we may like. So, people bookmark all such content to access that content easily in the future. But sometimes the list of bookmarks becomes so long that people try to get rid of it. If you are also facing the same problem and you want to know how to delete bookmarks in chrome, read the later sections of this blog very carefully.
Delete all of your chrome bookmarks at once:
- If you want to get rid of the bookmarks at once, this is quite an easy thing to do as you don’t have to worry about selecting the important bookmarks and deleting the others. Here are the steps that would help you to delete all the bookmarks at once:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Just open the Bookmarks Manager. (you can do it by typing chrome://bookmarks/ in the URL bar).
- Now, you will see a folder where all your bookmarks have been saved, if you have saved your bookmarks in multiple folders, a list of folders will open on the screen. In such a case, select the folder from which you want to delete the bookmarks.
- After you have opened the folder where you want to delete your bookmarks, press Ctrl + A (if you are using a MacBook, press Command + A). Now you have selected every bookmark in this folder. All the bookmarks in the list will be highlighted and now, click on the Delete button that is on the top-right corner of Chrome.
- In case you have to delete bookmarks from some other folder, click on that bookmark and repeat the same steps as mentioned above.
Deleting the bookmarks from Chrome application:
- If you are a user of the Google Chrome application on your phone, here are some steps that you should follow to get rid of unnecessary bookmarks.
- Launch the Google Chrome application on your phone and then tap on the three-dot icon. The position of this icon will depend on whether you are using Chrome on android or iPhone.
- From the drop-down menu click on the Bookmarks option.
- If you want to delete bookmarks selectively, touch the bookmark that you want to delete and swipe left. Then, you will see a symbol of trash/delete, tap on this symbol, and now have deleted the bookmark.
- In case, you want to delete multiple bookmarks, click on the Edit button, and then select the bookmark that you have to delete. At last, tap on the delete button to complete this process.
You can also delete the bookmarks in chrome from chrome webpages:
- There are several other ways to delete bookmarks. One way to do it is by deleting the bookmarks from chrome webpages. If you want to delete the bookmarks from the webpages, here are some steps to follow:
- Open Google Chrome (the web browser) on your PC, and go to the webpage that you have bookmarked and now you want to delete it.
- If you have bookmarked this webpage successfully, you will see a star icon beside the URL of this webpage in the URL bar.
- Click on that star icon and then a drop-down box will appear on the screen. (in case that star is hollow then you haven’t bookmarked this webpage)
- From the box click on the Remove button and now you have deleted this bookmark.
Delete the Chrome bookmarks using the bookmarks manager in Google Chrome:
- There are some other ways to delete the bookmarks in Google Chrome. One way is to delete the bookmarks using the bookmark manager. These instructions will help you in deleting the bookmarks using the bookmark manager.
- You can open the Bookmark manager on chrome by opening the Google Chrome and then type the following URL in the URL bar: chrome://bookmarks/
- Search for the bookmark that you want to delete. For those who have multiple folders, go through each folder to find the bookmark that you intend to delete.
- Once you have found the bookmark that you want to delete, click on the three-dot icon next to that bookmark and then a pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- Click on the delete option from this pop-up menu, and the desired bookmark will be deleted.
We have discussed a lot of ways to for suggesting you how to delete bookmarks in chrome. You can use any of these based on your demands and preferences.