Internet games have become a sensation nowadays. But the errors are also large in number as we are going to talk about steam error code 105 in this blog. Steam has become one of the favorite spots for gamers in the world. Gamers use it to play, buy, and download games. There is a store that enlists a lot of games with attractive offers. Recently, I found that a lot of people complained about facing the steam error code 105. This error occurs when users try to open the store.
If you are one such person facing the same problem, you should read this blog carefully. But we intend to make you aware of the problem first before jumping right to the solution section. The next section of the blog will tell you about the factors that cause the error. Take a look at the causes.
Why this error occurs?
Steam has its own store for downloading games. But this error occurs when the user tries to visit the official store on steam. We studied this problem very deeply and found some of the most probable causes behind getting this error.
- The problem in your internet connection: Those who are not having a stable internet connection. Even if you have a working internet connection but the speed is slow, you may face this situation.
- AdBlocker: Some people use AdBlockers in their browsers while there are others who use AdBlocking applications on their PCs. AdBlockers often interfere with many software that is installed on their PCs. It is often seen that Ad-blocking software hinders the features of steam on a PC.
- DNS Settings: Every internet connection has its own DNS settings. When the DNS configuration of the internet gets corrupted or sometimes the DNS settings are changed, you can face problems in connecting to the server.
You are now familiar with the basics of this problem and its complexities. It is time that you know about the solutions. Later sections of this blog are completely dedicated to the tricks that will solve this problem.
What are the possible solutions to this issue?
We will be discussing all the solutions in an order that would suitable for you. Take a look at the list of solutions mentioned below and see if one of them works for you.
Check the internet connection:
- When you are facing an issue while connecting to a server, internet service is the first thing that you should check. In this situation too, you are having difficulties in connecting to the servers of steam. There are several fixes that you can apply to correct your internet connection. You can check for a faulty internet connection by opening any other service using the same internet connection. If you are unable to connect while using some other service too, switch your network connection like cellular data, etc. If there is no issue while connecting using cellular data, then your internet connection is to be blamed. You can fix it by hard rebooting your router. Here are the steps to do it:
- Disconnect everything from the router.
- Now turn OFF the router and disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Now, hold the power button while pressing it for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the router into the power outlet again and set up everything as before.
- See if you are able to connect to the servers of steam or not.
Get rid of the Ad Blockers that you have installed on your PC:
- When you have made sure that your internet connection is working fine but you are still facing the steam error code 105, you should get rid of the Ad Blockers that are working on your PC. There is a chance that the AdBlockers are the obstacles in the way of establishing a connection to your servers. Follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of the AdBlockers:
- Press Start + R keys at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now a search box will open on the screen, type appwiz.cpl in the search box.
- A list will open on the screen and find the entry named Ad Blocker and double-click on it.
- A prompt will open on the screen. Click on the Yes button and wait till the program is uninstalled on the PC.
- After the program is uninstalled from your PC, see if steam is working fine on your PC.
- Those who don’t have the AdBlocker applications on their PCs, must have enabled AdBlockers in your browser. Steps to disable it are mentioned below for all the popular browsers in the world.
- This section if for Microsoft Edge:
- After you have opened the Microsoft Edge on your browser, click on the Settings icon.
- Click on the option named Extensions and then select AdBlocker extension. Now, click on the Disable button to finish this process.
- What about the Chrome users?
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC and click on the three-dotted icon available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the option More Tools and then click on Extensions.
- Go to the AdBlocker section and click on the toggle button to disable it.
- Firefox users should do as instructed here:
- When you are in the Firefox application, click on the Menu button from the top-right corner of the screen and click on the option Add-ons.
- Select the add on named Ad blocker and disable it.
- After you have disabled the Ad blockers on your PC, this issue won’t appear again. If you are still unable to connect, go on, and try the next solutions mentioned below.
- This is the last solution that you can try on your own. Many times the problem occurs because the DNS configuration has been corrupted. Here are the steps to correct this situation:
- Press Start + R on your Windows PC and type cmd in the search area.
- Then, the command prompt will open on the screen. Type the following command in there: ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter
- Wait until the execution of this command is finished.
- Now, see if you are facing the steam error code 105 or not.
We have discussed all the possible solutions to get rid of your steam error code 105. If your issue persists, you need some expert help on this matter. Try calling the customer support of your ISP and Steam for more help.