The number of windows users is higher than any other in the computer world. We are going to talk about the very common issue of Bitdefender threat scanner error in this blog. PCs have become one of the most useful things in our daily lives. The number of people who are using it is increasing day by day.
As there is more number of Windows users as compared to other Operating Systems, so the issues that are faced by Windows users are also more than that of Mac or Linux.
Looking on the internet, I found that a lot of users from all around the world are facing the bitdefender threat scanner issue. Most of the online forums like Reddit are full of queries about it. So, I thought that writing a blog about it would be very helpful for all such persons. Before we go into further details, it is very necessary that we know about the reasons behind getting this error message.
What are the causes behind Bitdefender threat?
There may be countless issues behind it but in this section of the blog, we are going to discuss the most probable causes behind getting this error. Take a look at these causes:
- Problem dll files: Spybot is one of the most important programs that the PC uses to detect and also remove harmful programs from your PC like adware and other spyware software. There are several other tasks that are performed by dll files. Dll files also store essential data, code, and other essential resources that are very helpful in keeping the programs running smoothly on your PC. You may face this issue the Spybot dll files on your PC get corrupted. The solution to this issue will be discussed in the later sections of this article.
- Corrupted Spybot files: Spybot files are a very important tool available in Windows PCs. Spybot software scans the folders on the PC one by one. Such a scanning process is very necessary when someone wants to search for malicious software on their PC.
These two causes are enough to cause the bitdefender threat scanner issue on any Windows PC irrespective of the version (whether it be Windows 10, 8, or 7). Now that you are aware of the reasons behind this issue, it is time to know about the solutions. Go to the next section to get the solutions to this issue in detail.
What are the possible solutions to this issue?
Here, we are going to talk about the solutions to your problem of bitdefender threat scanner issue. Try the solutions mentioned below one by one and see if one of them works for you.
Correct the corrupted files:
- This is the first and easiest step towards fixing this problem. Here are the steps needed to do it on your PC:
- If you are using Windows 7, click on the Windows symbol on the bottom-left corner of the screen and then open My Computer (you can find file explorer in this folder). In case you are using Windows 10, click on the start symbol and then open File Explorer.
- Once you have opened File Explorer, you will find an address bar on the top of the screen. You have to type the following in that search bar, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy 2” and hit Enter.
- Now you will get into a folder and find a file named “SDAV.dll” in there.
- If this file is present there, you need to right-click on it and then click on Properties. If the size is not 32 KB, download a fresh copy of it from the official website.
- Now, go to the download section and move the freshly downloaded file to the “Spybot-Search & Destroy” folder. Keep in mind that you have to replace the existing file in “Spybot-Search & Destroy” with the newly-downloaded file.
- In case, SDAV.dll file in that folder, download this folder from the official source and then move that file to “Spybot-Search & Destroy” folder.
Get rid of your old Spybot-search & Destroy software from your PC:
- If you have deleted the corrupted files from the Spybot folder but the issue persists, maybe you should try reinstalling this program from your PC. You can do it very easily by uninstalling this software and then install the latest version of it. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to Windows Settings or you can also go to the Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Windows Settings, click on the option Programs and Features.
- Now a list will appear on the screen showing all the applications that have been installed on your PC. Find the entry in this list with the name Spybot-Search & Destroy.
- Left-click on it and this option and then click on the Uninstall button.
- After this application has been uninstalled from your PC, download the latest version of it and install it on your PC.
- After you have successfully installed this software on your PC, see whether you are facing the bitdefender threat scanner issue.
Use the patch to fix this issue:
- Patch is available for 32-bit as well as 64-bit operating systems. The patch to fix bitdefender is very easily available on the internet, you can download it. One thing that you should keep in mind that you have to download the patch based on the architecture of your operating system. After downloading the patch, run it. You will all the guidance needed to run the patch once you initiate this process. After following the directions, you will be able to fix this issue.
Remove the existing version of Bitdefender from your PC and then install the latest version of it:
- This is the last option that you can try if any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Download the removal tool for Bitdefender from the official source.
- Once you have removed this software from your PC, download the latest version of it and then install it on your PC.
- After completing this process, see if you are still facing the same issue.
We have mentioned every possible way to solve your issue of bitdefender threat scanner problem on your PC. In case, you are unable to solve this issue then, some expert help is needed. You should contact the customer service of Windows to fix this issue.