The thought of colouring the hair is pleasant and distressing at the same time. Pleasant because we get excited to get the new look or makeover, and tensed because of its side effects. But all the discussions surrounding hair colouring are not myths. Many of them are facts too, and that too deadly ones. Harmful chemicals like Ammonia, Bleach (Hydrogen Peroxide) and PPD present in chemical-based generic hair colours can severely damage the hair by causing dryness, dandruff, hair fall, permanent hair whiteness, and many more. In this blog, we will convince you why you should go for a botanical hair colour.
Indus Valley Botanical Hair Colour range is one such hair colouring option that comes as a top-of-the-mind recall. Specially crafted for those with highly sensitive and allergy-prone skin, it is one of the most natural and organic hair colour options currently available in the market. It is made up of 8 unique natural herbs that not just colour, but also nourish your hair without damaging them.
Benefits of the 8 natural herbs:
The Indus Valley Botanical Hair Colours are collected directly from plants by dedicated farmers. The extracts are then processed in the pristine hills of the Himalayas, 6000 feet above sea level, in Shoghi, Himachal Pradesh. Packed on an as-is-where-is basis, the herbs are dried, crushed and packed without any preservatives and/ or artificial fragrances. And since the extracts are all certified organic so they don’t even have any fertilizer or pesticide residues. No Ammonia, Bleach (Hydrogen Peroxide) and/ or PPD are used in making the botanical hair colours. They are completely natural and absolutely devoid of any kind of chemicals. If you suffer from skin allergies due to chemical-based hair colours, and if you have a highly sensitive skin, then Indus Valley’s botanical hair colours are the best choices for you.
To give your hair a natural colour tone and shine, the botanical hair colours are enriched with the following 8 certified organic and handpicked botanical herbs:
1) Indigo – It is a widely known botanical herb used to colour hair from ancient times due to its natural properties. Indigo gives your hair a vibrant blue tone, without any side effects.
2) Chamomile – It not just acts as a natural hair conditioner, but also highlights your hair with a blonde golden tone naturally, without any harmful effects.
3) Henna – We all are aware of the benefits of henna. Enriched with antioxidants and nutrients, henna colours your black or grey hair with a natural brown shade, while effectively conditioning it.
4) Rubia Tinctorum – Also known as madder, rubia tinctorum is also a unique botanical herb that gives your hair a distinct red tone. The powdered form is prepared from the roots of the madder plant and used as a medicinal herb. From ancient times, experts have been recommending this herb for colouring hair in a non-toxic way.
These four botanical herbs are blended in unique proportions to make the various shades of Indus Valley Botanical Hair Colours, to give you your desired hair colour shade from black to brown to red to blonde naturally, without any side effects.
5) Fenugreek – A magical herb that treats almost all your hair damage problems from hair loss to premature greying, fenugreek has powerful antioxidant properties that soothe the scalp and prevent dandruff. Also, it makes hair smooth and restores its natural shine. Fenugreek seeds help in detangling hair, and its mucilage content replenishes the coloured hair from damage.
6) Brahmi – Brahmi is a rich protein source that strengthens the hair follicles and prevents hair loss. Brahmi leaves naturally nourish the scalp to reduce dandruff and enhance natural shine.
7) Amla – Amla is a natural fruit enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin C is healthy for hair as it nourishes the hair follicles and enhances their natural lustre. Amla is used as a powder or oil to replenish damaged hair, prevent premature greying and hair loss naturally by conditioning the roots.
8) Manjistha – Along with other botanical herbs, Manjistha also prevents premature greying, dandruff and hair loss. Also, it enhances the natural colour of hair and removes excess dryness from hair strands.
Whenever we buy any hair colour, we should look at its contents first. Since Indus Valley Botanical Hair Colours only consist of natural ingredients and botanical herbs, you don’t have to worry about its skin and hair benefits.
You can add your insights and suggestions as comments below.