Good health is always cherished and aspired by everyone! Healthy habits, like eating a properly balanced diet, consuming enough fluid, exercising daily, abstaining from any bad addiction, are the key to a sound mind and fit body. You may have noticed some people falling sick quickly and are unable to resist diseases. They are said to have a weak immune system. Immunity can help you fight infections, and you have a better survival rate.
So it would be best if you strengthened your immunity from within, to stay away from disorders. This can be done through consuming foods that boost the immune system or by relying upon safe homeopathic medicine for improving the immunity. But before we proceed with the ways to improve our defense powers, let us understand what immunity is!
What Is Immunity And Why Is It Important?
Immunity is one of the most discussed words in 2020! The only thing that is helping the human race overcome this pandemic fright is the body’s self-immune power! Our body consists of disease-fighting cells (white blood cells) that help resist infections caused by various bacteria, viruses, and other disease-causing germs. This is done by the production of appropriate antibodies in the body. This internal defense mechanism of a body is termed as “Immunity”!
An immune person is considered healthy and is capable of fighting diseases efficiently. If you are feeling okay today, then thank your immunity powers. It can be achieved and enhanced through several measures and helps you in having an active life minus diseases. (Keep scrolling to know about the immunity boosting foods for adults as well as kids!).
The Four Kinds of Immunity
Immunity can be broadly classified under four different categories based on their origin:
- Innate Immunity– We all are born with innate immunity and it depends on the amount of nutrition gained in the mother’s womb.
- Passive Immunity– It is the immunity derived from an external source and doesn’t last long.
- Natural Immunity– It is the defensive power that is generated against pathogens due to a certain infection.
- Vaccination/Immunizations– An external dose of serum containing antigens that give the strength to fight a specific disease.
Look Out For These 5 Signs of a Weak Immune System
A weak immune system has the following symptoms:
- If you contract cough, cold, and infections quickly, or have recurring disease, your body’s immunity is not strong enough to protect you!
- A high level of stress with no specific cause reveals low immunity.
- Feeling tired and inactive all the time is a matter of concern and a sign of poor immunity.
- Having frequent digestive issues and tummy problems signal low immunity.
- If your wounds take longer to heal, it means the tissues are not replaced faster enough due to a lack of immune strength.
What Lowers The Immune Power?
Insufficient nutritional intake, inadequate sleep, and rest, autoimmune diseases are a few of the causes that affect immunity.
- You may have a primary immune deficiency where you are born with weak immunity.
- Some diseases may lower down your immune powers, and this is termed as acquired immune deficiency.
- An allergic reaction may cause the immune system in your body to get too active, which in turn is bad for you.
- Lastly, some autoimmune diseases trigger immunity against you and turn out to be hazardous.
Tips to Improve Your Body’s Natural Defence System
Several measures can be followed to boost the immune system quickly:
- The first and foremost thing to do is to get rid of any bad habits. Quit alcohol, smoking, or any drug addiction right away.
- Exercise regularly and stay physically active.
- It is vital to maintain a correct BMI (Body Mass Index) and keep your body weight under control.
- Adequate sleep and rest are essential for the body to regenerate itself.
- Avoid infection and contraction of diseases by proper sanitization and hygiene practices.
- An adequate nutrition intake and correct fluid consumption can boost your immune powers like magic. Know the foods that boost the immune system in this article further!
- You can also rely on some homeopathic medicine for improving the immune system that is effective and safe!
Top 10 Foods That Boost Immune System
No artificial supplement will cure diseases and can be depended upon in the long run! Instead what is highly recommended is to develop internal strength through the right foods that boost the immune system. Here is a brief list of some immune developing food that you can consume in your daily meals to get a better defensive power!
- Citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, etc. help in fighting viral infections effectively. The “Vitamin C” present in such fruits increases the white blood cell count that is the critical germ fighters. Vitamin C is mighty and helps quicker recovery from minor cold and coughs too.
- Broccoli is a super-food and is packed with vitamins and minerals. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants too and is the healthiest vegetable you can put on a plate.
- Garlic and its exceptional immune-boosting properties are sworn by people since primitive times. The pungent smell and high amount of sulfur count for the germ-fighting power!
- Ginger helps in decreasing inflammation and relieves congestion and sore throat. It is also considered effective in nausea and cholesterol problems. You can make a concoction of ginger and honey and drink it as a hot drink to boost the immune system.
- Spinach is one the best immunity boosting food for kids as well as adults due to the high contents of Vitamin C and beta carotene which has an efficient infection-fighting ability.
- Yogurt, especially Greek Yoghurt is a great immune booster and is liked by all.
- Nuts such as almonds help the body to acquire healthy fats and these are packed with vitamins too.
- Turmeric is just not a spice but a natural antiseptic known to mankind for ages. Its anti-inflammatory properties make is a recommended immunity-boosting food for adults and young ones.
- Eggs and poultry such as chicken and turkey form an excellent source of vitamin B6. The gelatin, in the bones of chicken, is helpful to gut healing and immune powers.
- High zinc contents in seafood such as oysters, crabs, lobsters, and mussel make it a prevalent immunity-boosting food for adults!
Besides these solid foods, you can also try some juices and drinks to boost the immune system. Infants and toddlers cannot be made to eat a solid diet. But they can be easily given juices that boost the immune system. Carrot juice, orange juice, lemon water, kale juice are some power-packed juices that boost the immune system. For adults, green tea makes the perfect hot drink to boost immunity.
Immunity is the best gift you can give to yourself! The diet, along with some safe and result-oriented medication, is often the preferred route to boost the immunity system quickly. A nutrition-packed meal along with drinks to boost the immune system should be taken daily. Homeopathic Medicine for Improving Immune System is considered as the safest and the most natural therapy that can be equally effective for children as well as adults.