The prepaid connection may be giving you all the freedom, but the postpaid connection can give you a lot more value for money. The postpaid connection usually comes with better benefits, unlimited calls, more data, and easier management of the account. If you are looking for a new postpaid connection, Airtel is one of the best providers that you can opt for. The telecom giant is well known for providing premier services in the areas of telecom, fixed-line broadband, and DTH television.
Their telecom service has both prepaid and postpaid services and both feature some attractive plans and packages which are well-liked and appreciated by their customers. If you too want to be on the Airtel network, you can choose Airtel as your operator by either buying a new connection with a new number or port your existing number to Airtel from your current provider. If you are an Airtel customer and want to upgrade your connection from prepaid to postpaid, you can also carry that out in just a few steps.
In a few of these circumstances, you may have to get a new Airtel 4G SIM that you need to activate. The Airtel 4G SIM is well equipped to give you a hassle-free network experience and fast mobile data speed. Here are the steps you can take to activate a new Airtel SIM from the safety and comfort of your home.
For a new connection:
- Send an SMS to 121 from your Airtel mobile number with the text “SIM<Space>New SIM Card number”.
- You will receive a text back from Airtel confirming that you are activating a new sim asking you to confirm by replying to this SMS by “1”. Follow the instruction and send “1” as a reply to proceed.
- Your New Airtel SIM will be activated within just 5 minutes.
In times of ongoing pandemic, you will be happy to know that you can have your SIM card delivered to your home. If you are not activating a new connection and instead porting the number to Airtel, the process will be slightly different. The KYC documents can also be picked up from your home when the executive visits to deliver the SIM card.
Once you receive the new Airtel SIM card, you will be asked by the Airtel executive to share your unique porting code. You can generate the unique porting code by sending the SMS “PORT<Space>10 digit mobile number” to 1900. Once your porting has been completed, you will stop receiving signals on your old SIM card. You can now insert your new Airtel SIM which will be fully activated.
If the customers simply want to upgrade their current Airtel SIM with a new one and wondering how to activate a new SIM, they can follow the below steps:
- Send an SMS with the text “SIM<20 Digit SIM Number>” from your current mobile number to 121
- Reply with “1” to the confirmation text that you receive.
- Once the signal has disappeared from the current SIM card, you can insert your new SIM
- After you have received the full signal you need to call the SIM activation number “59059”
- Your KYC details such as Address and Date of Birth will be confirmed on the call
- Your new SIM card will be activated within 5 minutes after successful KYC verification.
That is all that you need to do to activate your new Airtel SIM card if you are upgrading your Airtel SIM. The new SIM card can also be collected from any of the Airtel stores. The process for activating the SIM card that is received from the Airtel Store will remain the same as earlier. If you want to switch to the Airtel Network from another network provider, you can order the delivery of your free SIM card at home. Simply go to the “Port to Airtel” page on the Airtel website and fill in your details.
You would also need the Unique Porting Code or UPC. You need to make sure that you have completed at least 90 days with your current provider. In case you have a postpaid connection with the other provider you would need to pay all outstanding amounts to successfully generate the Unique Porting Code. You can complete the steps of generating the UPC once the Airtel executive has contacted you. The Airtel executives will contact you shortly after you fill out the SIM request form on the Airtel website to deliver the SIM and collect your KYC documents including your Unique Porting Code.